Navigate the fast-moving cannabis sector with 420 Investor, a premium service that sends real-time alerts and explanations of the news below and much more.
- Canadian Cannabis sales slipped in January from December levels, which were revised lower.
- 420 Investor model portfolios have returned 0% to -1.5% year-to-date, while the Global Cannabis Stock Index has lost 17.4%
Canadian cannabis sales fell 2% in January from December levels that were revised significantly lower, increasing 24% from a year ago to $347 million.
During the week, I shared these insights with subscribers at 420 Investor:
- Here’s Why GTI’s Stock Stumbled
- Previews of Q4 Financial Reports for Ayr Wellness, Columbia Care and TerrAscend
- Cannabis Sub-Sector Review – 03/11/22
- Model Portfolio Composition 03/11/22
Here are some of this week’s highlights for 420 Investor Focus List names:
- AAWH released its 2021 ESG Metrics.
- AYRWF exceeded expectations for Q4, reporting $111.8 million, up 16% sequentially. The company lowered its 2022 outlook due to regulatory delays and market conditions.
- CCHWF delayed its financial releases as it struggled to finalize its U.S. GAAP conversion from IFRS Accounting. Preliminary results suggest that revenue was in line with Q4 expectations with U.S. GAAP adjusted EBITDA substantially lower than IFRS adjusted EBITDA due to lease accounting.
- CEAD named a new CFO.
- CGC partner Martha Stewart introduced three new CBD gummies flavors.
- CRLBF launched an expanded product lineup in Florida.
- CURLF opened its 45th Florida dispensary. It named its former CFO as the successor to its recently hired CFO, who departed for another position after joining the company last July.
- PLNHF announced that its first Florida dispensary location will be in Jacksonville suburb Orange Park.
- SHWZ announced a pending $3.2 million acquisition of a Denver dispensary. It will be listing its shares in Canada on the NEO Exchange.
- TCNNF ...